We’re all starting to feel the intense heat this summer and it’s discouraging to know that it’s barely begun. A whole season of outdoor activities might not be feasible for everyone. Luckily, there are plenty of indoor activities that can keep you cool and make the most of the season. We compiled a list of fun things to do that don’t require sunscreen or venturing out into the sweltering heat. Many of them you can find here at KD Gameroom Supply.
- Foosball — You can get movement in and compete with your friends while keeping cool. Set up a tournament day and invite your friends to have a healthy competition. Up the stakes with a prize, even if it’s being treated to dinner afterward.
- Board games — this doesn’t have to be a typical Monopoly, Life, or Risk night. The board game industry has exploded and there are a dizzying number of options. There are Escape Room board games, murder mystery board games, collaborative games, and so many more. Whether you choose a family favorite or you try something new, board games are sure to make memories without having to leave the house.
- Poker and other card games — You can have your own casino night at home and play Texas Hold ‘Em, 7 Card Stud, or other card games. Elevate the event with poker chips for betting.
- Skeeball — Another active indoor game is skeeball, and it’s not just for kids. But just a warning — skeeball can be an addictive activity. See who in your group can break the top score.
- Darts and billiards — If these games are your jam, you’re in luck. KD Gameroom Supply refurbishes pool tables if yours needs some TLC. You can get your own supplies from us and play at home or in locations across the city.
- Try a new type of cuisine — Are you a foodie or feeling adventurous? Try a new type of food this summer and it may become a new favorite.
- Create a unique indoor experience — Looking for a summer birthday or corporate party that isn’t outdoors? You can book an event rental at KD Gameroom Supply and give your guests plenty of options to celebrate indoors without the stress that comes with outdoor events such as canopies, seating, and cooling.
- Have a karaoke night — You don’t have to be able to sing well to enjoy getting in front of friends and family singing your favorite tunes. Karaoke is all about letting loose and having fun without needing to be good at something. It also makes for a fun activity for your party or event.
- Go to an art museum — Look into your local museums for seasonal exhibits or events for an enriching indoor activity that expands your understanding of art, history, and other topics.
- Climbing gyms — Indoor rock climbing gyms have become more popular through the years, and it can be easy to see why. Not only is there more equipment available that makes it safer, but it’s also a challenging way to move your body and feel a sense of accomplishment.
- Indoor skydiving — This one’s not for everyone, but if you’re looking for an indoor adventure and to mark something off of your bucket list, this indoor alternative to the real deal can be exhilarating for the adrenaline junkies out there. The air pushes you up high in the air to give the feeling of falling without having to physically jump out of a plane. There are locations outside Des Moines and across the country, so look into the ones closest to you.
- Air hockey — When it’s hot outside, a fast-paced game of air hockey feels refreshing and satisfying. It may strike a chord with the more competitive members of your group, so be prepared for a showdown. It’s one of several indoor gaming options available at KD Gameroom Supply.
You don’t have to let the summer heat put a damper on your plans this season. The temperatures may keep us inside for part of the season, but getting creative and finding other ways to enjoy this time is a way to make cherished and beloved memories that will last for years to come. As a family-owned and operated business, this means a lot to us at KD Gameroom Supply and it’s why we’ve been doing this for over 60 years.